Thursday, April 14, 2011

NO Sugar Challenge for a week

So I've joined my friend KayDee Johansen Owens [on Facebook] in a week-long challenge of going without sugar.  We started on Sunday and I've done pretty good though I had an "OOPS" moment on Tuesday afternoon.

Anyhow we agreed that we could use honey & molasses as substitute sweeteners (besides the other artificial sweeteners), just not refined sugars.

So I've been really craving some blueberry muffins, and think I'll make some this morning, but I needed to know how much honey to use in place of each cup of sugar.  After googling my question, I found this website and am posting about this because I thought there might be others around who'd be interested.  :)

I have plans to do lots today, so I'd better get going on it all.  Hope you all have a great day!

=) Gayle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really helpful! We are trying to cut down on the amount of refined sugars we use. Thanks for sharing! :)

Gayle said...

You're most welcome Chantile!