Monday, December 10, 2012

Corduroy toddler dresses & patterns

I like to sew and have tried to include as much as I can in making in Christmas presents.  Now I already have a cute little dress picked out for Miss K's Christmas but i really want her to have a nicer long-sleeved dress as well.. but such things are in short supply around here.  So I've been thinking about making her a dress with long sleeves.  I will use the corduroy that I bought for this purpose last year, several pieces to choose from. I thought I had a picture of them but guess not.

Anyhow, I have been looking for possibilities for dress patterns.  I  think this one is cute, but would have to figure out how to make it long sleeved.  I love the tutorial that she gives for making the dress though, it's very detailed.

I really like the dresses from Leila and Ben, but I kind of want to not make this dress a peasant-style dress; though I may yet use their pattern if I don't find the kind of pattern I'm looking for.

I also like the long-sleeved dress shown here on this pattern: http://www.simplicity.com/p-4480-toddlers-dresses.asp; cute little pinafore pattern that is included too.

This pattern too, the dress in darker turquoise green/blue and I know how to extend the sleeves.

I think that I could combine the jumper with the shirt in this pattern as well to make a dress like I am thinking of.  This one comes with the added bonus of a leggings pattern too.

Oh, just found this one too.  From McCalls instead of Simplicity.  ;)  Here again, I'd adjust the length of the sleeve.

And here are dozens more patterns just waiting to be discovered... but that will be for another day when I'm not feeling droopy because I want sleep.

Anyhow, these are just some ideas to help me along.  Someday when I get my camera out again, I'll post pics of my latest projects.

=) Gayle


No comments: