Friday, November 3, 2017

What's for dinner tonight?

I never, well rarely ever, know what I'm going to make for dinner at night.  Several years ago I started a Facebook group called "What's for dinner tonight," and for awhile that helped me feel encouraged to post weekly menus but I have fallen off that wagon again.  SOOO.... I'm thinking that if I follow my friend Jackie's example, and work at it, that I can post menus again.

Today, however, I'm just going to go back and post what we had for dinner for the past week or two.

Week One:
First off, Tonight's dinner will be Venison Cabbage-Butternut squash stew, maybe with GF dinner rolls. 11/3/2017
Last night's (Thursday) dinner was GF Mac & Cheese, tuna, peas & carrots.
Wednesday's dinner was Baked Potatoes (w/ bacon crumbles, green onions, cheese, butter, sour cream, and leftover chili).
Tuesday (Halloween 2017) night's dinner was chili at the church Halloween dinner.
Monday night dinner was Pork chops.
Sunday night dinner was Chicken Enchiladas at ds#1 request for his birthday dinner.

Week two:
Saturday Oct 28 dinner... can't remember (gluten makes sure I rarely remember anything).  :(
Friday Oct 27th dinner was  GF spaghetti made w/ venison sausage for tonight's dinner. (According to ds13, we had Spike-etti. 😀)
Thursday Oct  26 dinner was personal pizzas on pita bread rounds for the family, and I ate a GF sandwich.
Wednesday Oct 25 dinner was Pork Fajitas.
Tuesday night dinner was leftovers for kids, and Mcd's for hubby, dd4 & I.
Monday night dinner was Hot dogs.
Sunday dinner was Roast Beef, mashed potatoes, & corn.
Saturday's dinner was Chicken ramen for kids, and leftover GF Chicken veg soup for hubby & I.

I'm going to try to keep my weekly dinner meals posted here each week, either as a review like this, or an actual list of dinner menus for each week. Hopefully I can keep types of meals rotated well enough that my family doesn't think they are eating the same thing each week.  I do tend to lean toward making casseroles and soups/stews in colder months.

For now, TGIF!!!!  The little kids get out of  school in a few minutes (Fridays are early-out day for  Elementaries here), then they have a playdate at 2pm, and I hope to use that time to knit or sew.

No comments: