Monday, September 6, 2010

So glad it's a new day!

The first part of church was pretty rough yesterday, between a whining Taw & noisy Joe & Cole - I took Taw out once & really scolded him, he got very solemn but no tears.  One of those days when you're absolutely sure that everyone around is staring at you because of the antics of your children & you just want to crawl under the pew and hide.
After Sac. Meeting was over, I sent the other 2 boys off to their Primary classes & with Taw in hand, I was headed out the doors, when I heard someone calling me.  It was my friend, who with her family had moved to central Wyoming about 3 weeks ago; they had come back to work a bit more on things around their house to try to get it sold.  I visited with her for 15 to 20 minutes, before her family started asking, "Mom, when are we going? I'm hungry, etc."  I then invited then to come over last night for ice cream (homemade is the way to go, I can't stand to eat commercially prepared stuff now, it just doesn't taste right).
Now my boys have been asking for Root Beer Floats for a couple of weeks, I had a 2 liter of Root Beer, so I made up some beautiful vanilla ice cream (that clear Mexican vanilla is marvelous), it is pure white! 
We enjoyed our ice cream & root beer & catching up with our friends,though I don't think that their youngest [a boy] was very excited to play with my boys, whom were very happy to see him.  I will miss my friend so very much, but I do have her cell phone #, plus a physical & an email address for her now.  Her 2 youngest daughters are the babysitters we've been relying upon for the past 4 years and we miss them too.
My friend has always had this uncanny ability to cheer me up, and even though they will be about 4 hours drive away, I know that she is still my friend and I can still count on her too.  I love ya Celia!

No comments: