Sunday, September 5, 2010

I can't believe it's September already!

Where has the summer gone??

I know what I did with part of my summer, I looked at my garden & wondered why it wasn't growing or why nothing was ripening! :(

We did some trips to both the local waterslide and a couple to the Splash Park.  A few of trips to the parks, and working on our yard.

Cole celebrated his 6th birthday on August 17th, just in time to start school.  This year in school, Joseph is in 2nd grade & Cole is in Pre-1st -- it is a class our school district offers for those children who did okay & passed Kindergarten but just aren't ready to continue to 1st grade.  It's a nice alternative for parents; I like it because he goes to school all day and isn't just repeating Kindergarten. 
Cole's teacher is one of our new neighbors, she lives about a block down the street; she has told me that they will go over everything he learned in Kindergarten then will go over what he will learn in the first 2 or 3 months of 1st grade so he will be very well prepared to go on.  Cole's only worry about this class was that he wouldn't be able to see his friends from Kindergarten, but Pre-1st is actually classified with 1st grade, so he'll eat lunch & have recess at the same time as his friends.

As for me & Jackson, we just keep plugging along.  I've had 2 Ultrasounds with this pregnancy so far; we've already planned not to try to find out baby's gender this time (we really want a girl, but I have told myself I'm just getting another boy - we have 3).  It was funny at 2nd US that baby was folded in half, even had we wanted to know gender, we couldn't have known.

I have started going on Facebook a lot lately, you can find me on there (if you want) under Gayle Peel Jackson.  I recently posted a bunch of fairly new pics, including one or two of our new house.  If I get time this week, I will post some pics here (if I can remember how to do it).

Ya'll have a good Sunday.  My muffins just beeped so I'd better go feed my hungry horde of boys, Jackson had to go to work today, so today will be a day at Church without him (lucky me:(  ).

=) Gayle

No comments: