Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Handmade Soap & other bits of non-wisdom

So I have been looking through the blogs listed on the blogs that I'm following (confusing thought wasn't that?), and I just realized that the one blog that I have spent the most time on in the last hour has been one where she sells her handmade soaps.  I think that I have been sufficiently tempted and I think I shall also cave in and buy her Honey of a deal for the holidays! on the Honey Oat and Goat milk soap - the pic looks just lovely, a creamy white oval with the honey and oats in the center.

However, this isn't the only place where I have been looking at handmade soaps.  Deep Creek Soap Crafters is another, though I first met up with them during this summer at the Ashley Valley Farmer's Market.  I recently went up to their house (they live a few miles from me up on Dry Fork Canyon Road) to buy a chunk of the best-ever-smelling soap, Pumpkin Spice; it reminds me of when my mom would make pumpkin pies in the fall.  It was my intention to cut it in half and give a portion to my sister-in-law when we were staying with them during our Deer Hunting Expedition, but... well I forgot to take it with me.  [However, I will rectify this come Thanksgiving time.]  Anyhow, I have also bought a chunk of their 'Love Spell' soap as well as a tub of their 'Love Spell' body butter -- it smells heavenly, though my hubby doesn't like it much for some reason.  *shrugs* Oh well, his loss not mine!  I shall keep wearing it... besides it certainly keeps my skin feeling moist.

Anyhow, the reason for this post is that I was considering making a few purchases today from Save on Scents, including getting a few of their "sniffies" and then a big vat of peppermint oil to help keep the mice beasties away (my tiny 5 ml. bottle being empty).  I have also toyed with the idea of making my own soaps and lotions, especially now that I don't have to make them from scratch, but I can buy the bases and add my own scents; it would be fun to experience at least.
I might even go pay another visit to FragranceNet.com and enjoy a look at Elizabeth Arden's 'Sunflowers' products to see what all they have.  I only recall seeing hand lotion and body butter, but I think they had something else too.

Speaking of fragrance though, now is the time to change a smelly diaper.

=) Gayle

No comments: